Introduce Yourself!

Talk about anything not related to the festival here (e.g. introduce yourself, chat about anime, manga, video games and other Japanese cultural things).

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Postby Tokyo15 » Fri 05 Aug 2011 9:35 am

Refia wrote:Also, for anyone who may know, will there be any con merchandise (like from the actual con with the name on, not what the traders will be selling) as I want to be able to have some things, other than the ticket, to keep and collect of my experience? :)

Hi Refia

We have plans of running a small merchandise shop online for Doki Doki, more details will come soon, there will be a chance to get t-shirts, mugs, badges, etc with our mascot on them. As soon as something is announced in this regard we will post it on the forum and also on the website and facebook pages. ^_^
Tokyo15
Festival organiser

Postby Luxurychoccie » Sat 06 Aug 2011 11:27 am

Helllooo ^^ Im Anna, 16, and I come from near Liverpool :3 This will be my first anime convention and Im so excited :D
I'll be cosplaying as Rin Kagamine (normal costume thingy) :) Also Im bringing my brother and some friends hehe ^^

My interests... hmm... Well Anime would be the top one on the list XD I also love retro gaming (16 bit preferably) And I still have a fully working Sega Megadrive in my bedroom XD

My favourite animes are Death Note, Highschool of the Dead, Vampire Knight, Pokemon (games more than tv), and a few others bt I dont want to bore you with an endless list XD

Oh, and I listen to a lot of vocaloid ^^ I have a 9 hour llong vocaloid playlist on youtube that I just listen to while going about my daily stuff :3

And thats all about me ^^ hehe, hope to see you all in November :D
~~~~~~~
My Deviantart account- got some Anime stuff on there and other stuff too :D

http://luxurychoccie.deviantart.com/

~~~~~~~
Luxurychoccie

Postby Refia » Sat 06 Aug 2011 3:02 pm

Tokyo15 wrote:
Refia wrote:Also, for anyone who may know, will there be any con merchandise (like from the actual con with the name on, not what the traders will be selling) as I want to be able to have some things, other than the ticket, to keep and collect of my experience? :)

Hi Refia

We have plans of running a small merchandise shop online for Doki Doki, more details will come soon, there will be a chance to get t-shirts, mugs, badges, etc with our mascot on them. As soon as something is announced in this regard we will post it on the forum and also on the website and facebook pages. ^_^

Oh well that's fantastic then! Thanks so much, this con is really looking to be amazing! :D
Refia

Postby MissWolfyx » Tue 16 Aug 2011 1:43 pm

Hey everyone ^^

You can call me Wolfy or Charlotte, I really do not mind either. A couple of friends and myself will be cosplaying Death Note at the event, and we have an L, Light and Misa so far! :D

Interests... Well, I love anime and manga, favourites being; Death Note, Naruto, D Gray Man, Bleach and maaany more. I also love wolves, and aspire to be a vet as I grow older~ I'll be honest, my home is Forbidden Planet and how I dress is rather scemo :D I love rude jokes and have a dark sense of humour. I love heavy rock - like it? PM me :D YAOIPLZOMNOMNOM

What I don't like... Tomatoes. Attention seekers make me bust a kidney - sriously. I'm not too keen on domestic cats... Don't really know why. Faaakkkkerrrs. Many other things I shouldn't mention...
MissWolfyx

Postby MisschiefMajique » Sun 11 Sep 2011 11:14 am

Prynhawn dda, bobl!
Good afternoon, everyone!

I'm Misschief-Majique from South Wales (real name Gemma, but please don't call me that D= ). I'm a 25 year old office assistant/administrator/web blooger/website design/ apparantly ArchiCAD drawing person in the making? o.O -shakes head- Basically I'm an office person that looks after an architect's daily office stuff, so anything goes.

I was a late bloomer, not getting hooked on anime until I was 16. (Before then I was an avid gamer, since the time I could walk). I now enjoy a wide range of anime and manga, and I am interested in learning more about the Japanese culture.

... As a side note, how the heck did you guys get to to GCSE Japanese? I am so jealous. All I was offered was "Take separate sciences or die a painful death. Higher papers only for you". -- thus ended my trainwreck of an education with a horrible degree in Biochemistry. So totally uncool.

I dabble a little in fanart, but find myself very short on time lately. I have two voluntary jobs aside from my main job, so I'm on the go all the time! One of these jobs is at an Equestrian centre. I love horses and I've been attending this place since I was 12. I tend to ride a lot for free -- but not without my efforts with the Riding for the Disabled scheme. I also help run a Bike hire service at a local country park which is run entirely by volunteers, which raise funds for preservation of the local history.

A final word, I'm possibly hoping to cosplay Undertaker from Kuroshitsuji for a Halloween Trek.... that is I'll be spending three or four hours... on horseback.... in cosplay. I hope it goes ahead!!

Bye for now!

~ Majique
MisschiefMajique

Postby Storme » Sun 11 Sep 2011 1:10 pm

Hullos. ^_^

I'm Storme (real name, Chiara), I'm almost-thirteen, and this will be my first ever anime con. If I can afford to buy or make myself a costume I'll cosplay as Miku Hatsune or maybe Temari from Naruto. :P

Well, um, I'm addicted to anime, I don't think I could survive a day without talking about it, glomping pictures of the anime characters I have a crush on (that's kinda sad, I know xD) or at least watching one episode of an anime (I watched the first 100 episodes of Naruto in one week o-o), my favourite ever anime is Black Cat! =^.^=

Also, since a few months ago, I've started trying to draw manga! 8D

Well, that's about it, I leave you with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6aBPkH2Nl8
Storme

Postby mmmfakecheez » Sun 18 Sep 2011 8:12 pm

Okay-
Name's Alice, 16 years young, will be 17 on the day. Late bloomer in regards to Pokemon, first game was Platinum. Still have a big soft spot for Digimon. Fell in love with YO! Sushi as of one week ago. Occasionally dabble into Hetalia but not as much as I used to. Favourite Vocaloid is Luka.
Good to see someone's going as Homura. Madoka is one of my favourite newer animes, along with Panty & Stocking (Yes, I know)
mmmfakecheez

Postby tf82 » Thu 22 Sep 2011 7:39 pm

Hi~
I'm from HK and im a crazy fan of animate and manga, the lasted animate im watching is Tiger& Bunny~~~ really like that. older once will be PoT(but have stopped 3years ago, and only read 同人, not sure whats that in english), Eyeshield 21 (best sports manga ever), Skip Beat, Air Gear, DuRaRaRa (thats only in animate), Cat Street, Oofuri, Silver Diamond, Fake, Dragon Ball, Gundam- Endless Waltz, Kame Rider (thats not animate anymore:P) and the list can go on forever (seriously watching too muchXP)
Ive been to these events regularly in Hong Kong (4-5 times a year), so I am really looking forward to whats offered in the UK >v<
i also do cosplay in hk, but i didnt bring my gear, so i guess i'll just be myself this time:P
hope seeing you all there (more like hope i can make it there:P)
Sooooooo excited
tf82

Postby Yui » Sat 24 Sep 2011 8:54 pm

Hello, I'm Yui. I choose that name because it seems to be short and sweet, and because I use it for most forums. My real name is Becky and I'm 15 years old.

I've been to several cons in the past, Recon, AnimeAttacks, Nemacon 11, I'll also be attending MCM in '12. Nemacon '12 and Sunnycon. Though Doki Doki will probably been the con I travel furthest to. I started out watching Shoujo and Mainstream anime when I was 12, I'm a rather cliche anime fan. I love Vocaloid and the sort, Touhou. I'm currently Most into Deadman Wonderland. And no, I havent seen ANY of Naruto. And yes, I do find Death note slighty over-rated, but I believe it is still a good anime/manga/book.

I should be cosplaying as The Jigoku Shoujo. Or as her name is, Enma Ai.

Don't be shy to say Hello ^^
Yui

Postby Tokyo15 » Sat 24 Sep 2011 9:18 pm

A huge hello and welcome to everyone who has introduced themselves from all of us in the Doki Doki Team! And a specific Hello to Yui because you asked so nicely ^_^ We won't be cosplaying the day event because we need to stand out so people can find us and ask us questions on the day but hopefully some of the team will be cosplaying at the evening event.
Tokyo15
Festival organiser

PreviousNext

Return to General chat