Cosplaying!

Talk about anything not related to the festival here (e.g. introduce yourself, chat about anime, manga, video games and other Japanese cultural things).

Cosplaying!

Postby Refia » Fri 29 Jul 2011 4:11 pm

Hello!

I thought this could be here to discuss cosplay, what will people be attending as if cosplaying, help on ideas, general thoughts on cosplay, anything cosplay related! Feel free to post pictures!

Personally I'm all for cosplay, I've never done it before but I LOVE dressing up and have always wanted to cosplay, it definitely adds something about the charm of cons. I'll be dressing as Trainer White (the female one) from the Pokémon Black&White games. It seemed simple enough to do for my first con! Don't want to over do it.

I can't wait to see what everyone else will be wearing!
Last edited by Refia on Fri 09 Sep 2011 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Refia

Re: Cosplaying!

Postby Becca » Thu 04 Aug 2011 5:00 pm

Hey!

Well, this will be my first ever anime con, well, first ever con actually! Unfortunetly I missed this years Comic con so I didn't get the chance to experience it..
Seeing as this thread is about ideas, too, I'm posting in need of ideas! Me and my friend (and maybe a few others) will be coming, hopefully in cosplay. My friend wants to come as Number 5 from The Umbrella Academy (Not anime, I know!), and I have no idea what to come as.. I'm not looking to spend a lot of money as, well I can't, and I'm terrible with making up outfits.. But! I would LOVE to come as Hinata from Naruto, as she is kind of shy like me, and cosplaying as her looks easy (As I don't think I'll need an actual costume). I have never cosplayed before, but I love the idea of it! So, for ideas and help, can someone help me with cosplaying as Hinata please!? :oops: (Where to get the stuff for the outfit and the wig etc). Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you all there! :D
Becca

Postby Aeritah » Thu 04 Aug 2011 6:40 pm

Becca wrote: My friend wants to come as Number 5 from The Umbrella Academy (Not anime, I know!)

No worries, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic isn't an anime either!
Look forward to seeing you and your friends there!
Aeritah

Postby Luxurychoccie » Fri 05 Aug 2011 9:24 am

As far as I know I'll be cosplaying as Rin Kagamine :) Im taking a few friends too so there will be a Gaara, Kakashi and Alucard from Hellsing with me ^^ hehe :D
~~~~~~~
My Deviantart account- got some Anime stuff on there and other stuff too :D

http://luxurychoccie.deviantart.com/

~~~~~~~
Luxurychoccie

Postby Tokyo15 » Fri 05 Aug 2011 9:27 am

Becca wrote: (Where to get the stuff for the outfit and the wig etc). Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you all there! :D

There's a great group based in the UK that are reasonable priced, make to order and only give you a price up front with no hidden extra costs. Here's a link, don't worry if you don't see what your after send them pictures and sizes and they will make it for you. http://www.rubberpineapple.co.uk/ not sure too much about wigs though, in Manchester theres lots of wig and wig accessory stalls around the northern quarter, maybe someone else can help further with that side of cosplay.

Looking forward to seeing you there as well ^_^
Tokyo15
Festival organiser

Postby Refia » Wed 10 Aug 2011 4:10 pm

Becca wrote:So, for ideas and help, can someone help me with cosplaying as Hinata please!? (Where to get the stuff for the outfit and the wig etc).

You can always try ebay! (I search for EVERYTHING there) Fancy dress shops will also do wigs, if you can't find the specific style you want, you could always try and fashion it yourself out of a different wig, which you could alter yourself if you good with hair (and scissors!), you can also dye wigs the colour you want with markers (sharpies will do). I think Hinata would be easy to cosplay, the shoes and neck thing would probably appear on ebay (there are lots of naruto cosplay), and then it's just navy 3/4 length trousers and a brown hooded jacket which you could alter to look like hers! Good luck with it! As I've said ebay or local craft stores, if you aren't very good with crafting, you could get a family member or a friend to help! Hope I've helped you some how! ^^
Refia

Postby MissWolfyx » Tue 16 Aug 2011 9:22 am

Hello guys ^^
Me and a few of my good pals are cosplaying Death Note, so if you see a group of rather strange people having strange conversations, don't be shy to come say hello :D we may glomp you, just a warning. We're going to order EarlyBird tickets and get there nice and early xP I'm going as L so I get to eat cake ~evil laughter~ and sadly, I don't share. We have a Light and a Misa aswell - just deciding on the others. All of yours sound great ^-^
MissWolfyx

Postby Joesif » Fri 19 Aug 2011 7:58 pm

Hey everyone

I will be cosplaying as near from death note (its not too hard to do) urm cant really say much more apart from pm me and we can take a few pictures together (not in that way silly) and urm i don't care where your from death note or naruto or any other i like all of them :D
Joesif

Postby Tasha~Chan » Sat 20 Aug 2011 8:35 pm

My friend and I will be cosplaying as Naruto and Sasuke from Naruto, but we will be dressed in Kimonos and I (Naruto) will be in sexy jutsu form :3
Tasha~Chan

Postby Ninja_Lollipop » Tue 23 Aug 2011 11:10 pm

This is my first time at any convention so I'm really excited :D
None or my friends are really interested in Anime, but I've managed to drag a few along just for the cosplaying xD
I'm planning on going as Toshiro from Bleach, my friend will be a vocaloid and my other friend is going as Toboe from Wolfs rain :)
Anyone else going as a shinigami?

I'm a bit miffed that my Zanpakuto will get confiscated though, I spent forever making it xD
Ninja_Lollipop

Next

Return to General chat