Weaponry Restrictions?

Archived posts about the 2011 Doki Doki Festival.

Weaponry Restrictions?

Postby Refia » Fri 12 Aug 2011 10:47 pm

Hello, my friend asked on the facebook page about weaponry restrictions but he hasn't had a reply so I thought I'd ask here! My friend will be taking a replica, dummy 9mm pistol.

So what are the restrictions? I'm sure this will be useful for other people too! Feel free to post what weaponry you'll be bringing if you aren't sure and hopefully some one who knows will answer! Many thanks!
Refia

Re: Weaponry Restrictions?

Postby Tokyo15 » Sat 13 Aug 2011 4:57 pm

Refia wrote:Hello, my friend asked on the facebook page about weaponry restrictions but he hasn't had a reply so I thought I'd ask here! My friend will be taking a replica, dummy 9mm pistol.

So what are the restrictions? I'm sure this will be useful for other people too! Feel free to post what weaponry you'll be bringing if you aren't sure and hopefully some one who knows will answer! Many thanks!

Sorry if we missed your friends question, we usually answer every one. The answer is on the website under the Cosplay section on the events page. All weapons means all weapons, we have to abide by the venues policy on this. They will be stored and numbered for all photo ops and events where needed.

'Due to venue health and safety rules, all weapons and props capable of causing injury will be taken from people at the door and stored during the day in a dedicated cosplay area, where they will be made available for photo opportunities and for the cosplay competition.'
Tokyo15
Festival organiser

Postby Ninja_Lollipop » Fri 26 Aug 2011 2:04 pm

I've made my own Zanpakuto (Bleach) out of wood. It's quite light so I figured you'd have to hit someone pretty hard to hurt much. Would this probably be confiscated? What if I kept it on my back the whole day?
Ninja_Lollipop

Postby Kai » Wed 09 Nov 2011 8:27 pm

I also have a question about props. What is the size limit? I have a keyblade which my character is a bit useless without. Any idea?
Kai

Postby Tokyo15 » Wed 09 Nov 2011 9:57 pm

Kai wrote:I also have a question about props. What is the size limit? I have a keyblade which my character is a bit useless without. Any idea?

A keyblade isn't really classed as a dangerous weapon unless it's made of metal and has a sharpened blade on it. We're only stopping large weapons that are bigger than peoples bodies and bladed weapons that aren't sheathed.
Tokyo15
Festival organiser

Postby Kai » Thu 10 Nov 2011 7:41 am

Ah ok, n nope its just made of wood :)
Also may I ask on behalf of a friend, Link's (legend of Zelda) Ordon Sword and Hylian Shield. And my friends Chakrams who's coming as Axel, what about them? Sorry for hassling xD
Kai

Return to 2011