Newbie requesting some help

Talk about anything not related to the festival here (e.g. introduce yourself, chat about anime, manga, video games and other Japanese cultural things).

Newbie requesting some help

Postby MisschiefMajique » Sun 11 Sep 2011 10:59 am

Hi there,

I'm not so much new to anime and manga as I am to visiting these kinds of events. I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help me?

I've never been to Manchester. Ever. I'm from South Wales, near the valleys and am currently having a dilema. I need to know a few things about location and accomodation, since I'm anal retentive and would like to book things three months in advance if it was possible XD.

- How far is the Sugden Sports Centre from Manchester Piccadilly station?
- If the above is out of walking distance, what would be the best bus service to use?
- Where would be the best place to get accomodation for the saturday and sunday nights? I'll consider my options with Price vs Distance to the sports centre/Train Station.

If anyone can help, I'll be eternally grateful. (also, I'm chomping at the bit to go since I can get a return journey for only £32 if I book it now 8D)

Many thanks in advance, everyone.

~Majique
MisschiefMajique

Re: Newbie requesting some help

Postby Tokyo15 » Sun 11 Sep 2011 8:13 pm

MisschiefMajique wrote:- How far is the Sugden Sports Centre from Manchester Piccadilly station?
- If the above is out of walking distance, what would be the best bus service to use?
- Where would be the best place to get accomodation for the saturday and sunday nights? I'll consider my options with Price vs Distance to the sports centre/Train Station.

To help you find a hotel we highly recommend the below website. It details the best and cheapest hotels in Manchester.

http://www.cheapmanchesterhotels.com/

We also have Premier Inn and Travelodge at various locations around the city. The best locations for Premier Inn are the ones near Oxford Road, The Manchester Central hotel is only 5 minutes walk away.

The event is very near Oxford Road so you can easily hop on a train at Picadilly to Oxford Road and save you walking, the venue is not far from there.

If you want to we also have a Metro Shuttle Free bus service, it's right outside the train stations and will take you from pic to Oxford Road.
Tokyo15
Festival organiser

Postby Happosai » Mon 12 Sep 2011 6:44 am

TBH, Oxford Road Station isn't that much closer to the Doki Doki venue than Piccadilly Station and it'd probably take longer to get a through train to Oxford Road and then walk than it would to do the 10-15 minute walk from Piccadilly.

The Ibis Hotel on Charles Street/Princess Street is pretty cheap and only 5-10 minutes walk from the venue (and on the way from Piccadilly Station).

[Happosai]
Happosai
Festival organiser

Postby Refia » Mon 12 Sep 2011 8:28 pm

As it's been said above, it's only a 10-15 minute walk from Piccadilly, even so, you can just get a train to Oxford which is even closer (saving you 5 minutes walk pretty much)

I was considering the premier inn before I had access to a car to get back, and their is a Premier Inn just up the road from Piccadilly station if I recall correctly, which is only a 20 minute walk away from Doki Doki itself and very near the train station for when you go home!
Refia

Postby AnimalCarina » Wed 12 Oct 2011 12:17 pm

If your thinking of getting the train to picadilly it might be better to get the train to Oxford Road. Saves you 5/10minutes since it's just around the corner from Oxford road.

Source: I dance at the Lowry near Picadilly on a wednesday. I also dance at the dance house near Oxford Road on a saturday.

Hope this helps
~Carina
AnimalCarina

Return to General chat