Cosplaying!

Talk about anything not related to the festival here (e.g. introduce yourself, chat about anime, manga, video games and other Japanese cultural things).

Re: Cosplaying!

Postby AnimalCarina » Thu 13 Oct 2011 9:57 pm

Refia wrote:
AnimalCarina wrote:
Well I went to Manchesters MCM Expo and you will ALWAYS see a few people with the same costume.
There was a few Mario + Luigis, Yuki from Vampire Knight (My fav anime so i noticed that more), Bleach characters, Mad hatter + Queen from Tim Burtons alice in wonderland
- So if you see someone else with the same costume don't feel bad because to be honest its more of a "You like the same anime of me! Whats your favourate episode..." etc and you have a big discussion with someone you've only just met and it's amazing ^_^ :D

Yes that's what I would imagine anyway! With hundreds of people going there are bound to be a few duplicates and it goes to show great minds think alike :D

Indeed! That's why I cant wait :D
Also me and my friend are going as different types/genre of lolitas but there's bound to be loads of other people dressed as different Lolita because there's even a Lolita competition at doki doki!
(which ill be entering for a bit of fun so watch out and you may see me)
But it the fun of it and great to seem there's plenty other showing the same interests of you :)
AnimalCarina

Postby ferninator » Sun 16 Oct 2011 9:56 pm

celedor wrote:Hey guys first time im dressing up for Cosplay lol normally go to a larp event but always wanted to come to one of these im dressing up as Reno from FF7 i know its not much but got a suit white shirt and shoes lol all i needed was hair but going to dye my hair red for the event a simple Cosplay outfit but when doki doki comes around again will be something new :):)

omg i LOVE that game!!! or movie. i can't remember which one is the movie..
well, im going as konata from lucky star andmy friend will (try) to go as kairi from kingdom hearts (not sure which game tho)
and ill be with and old man that i call my grandfather.
ill probly be with some one else... her da name is wolfcubzelda. so ill try and catch up with ya, k?
(feel free to talk, i wont bite ^^
ferninator

Postby InheritTheKink » Mon 17 Oct 2011 11:19 am

I won't be cosplaying for Doki Doki since I have no idea what to go as and I only just heard about it, but at my first convention I went as Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia since I had the exact same hair :D maybe another time I guess, can't wait to see everyone in their cosplay though! :D
InheritTheKink

Postby AnimalCarina » Wed 19 Oct 2011 9:11 am

See I'm one of those people that CAN'T go to a convention without cosplaying if you get what i mean :lol:

Especially when my friend won tickets and told me the day before and asked if I wanted to go and had 24hours to make a costume. BADTIMES. Sewing playing cards till 3am in the morning really is annoying haha!

Hopefully I'll see you and no doubt you may pass or see me.. I'm going as 'Angel Lolita' but that's all i'm revealing but it will be enough for you to spot me no doubt.

To anyone - Feel free to ask for picture etc. Me and my friends are trying to get as many pictures oif different cosplayers and there outfits as we can. I did it with Manchester Comic Con too. Some of the outfits are brilliant and I can't miss not having a photo with them 8-)
AnimalCarina

Postby Waffles » Wed 19 Oct 2011 4:46 pm

I feel really nervous about cosplaying because you dont know if people are gonna like your outfit or you in genral :S

and.... sewing playing cards? :O that seems so awesome ^.^ I can't sew at all... well not very well so i have my grandma to help me sow on the ribbon for my (very bad) costume lol :)
Waffles

Postby Refia » Thu 20 Oct 2011 7:29 pm

Waffles wrote: feel really nervous about cosplaying because you dont know if people are gonna like your outfit or you in genral :S

Oh that worries me too, I've never cosplayed before so my costume is bound to be mediocre at best! However I'm just going to hope for the best and not worry! :)
Refia

Postby Waffles » Mon 24 Oct 2011 4:11 pm

Refia wrote:
Waffles wrote: feel really nervous about cosplaying because you dont know if people are gonna like your outfit or you in genral :S

Oh that worries me too, I've never cosplayed before so my costume is bound to be mediocre at best! However I'm just going to hope for the best and not worry! :)

:) I'm going as Yuki Cross but I got my grandma to help me and she sort of put the ribbons in the wrong place - plus i just used stuff i already had so the jacket doesn't look right xD....
Well I guess its my first cosplay so it doesn't matter if the costume isn't perfect ^.^
Waffles

Postby Shina~Hatake » Mon 24 Oct 2011 6:53 pm

Tasha~Chan wrote:My friend and I will be cosplaying as Naruto and Sasuke from Naruto, but we will be dressed in Kimonos and I (Naruto) will be in sexy jutsu form :3

Me too! :)
Shina~Hatake

Postby Tom » Mon 24 Oct 2011 11:15 pm

Will be my third con, after the London Comic Con earlier this year and again this coming weekend :D hopefully going to both that and Doki Doki as Light from Death Note, felt so excited after my Death Note actually arrived today :3
Tom

Postby AnimalCarina » Wed 26 Oct 2011 7:37 pm

Waffles wrote:
Refia wrote:

:) I'm going as Yuki Cross but I got my grandma to help me and she sort of put the ribbons in the wrong place - plus i just used stuff i already had so the jacket doesn't look right xD....
Well I guess its my first cosplay so it doesn't matter if the costume isn't perfect ^.^

Mine involved a Ballet tutu which was black and red with loads of sticky out netting (Ive danced since I was 3) and because i found out 24 hours before the MCM Expo that i was going with a friend who won ticket I just thought "ALICE IN WONDERLAND" and sown quite a few playing cards all over the tutu. Plus i can always cut off the thread if I ever need the tutu again :P
Simple but effective.

Oh - Sewing playing cards till 3am in the morning = NEVER AGAIN. :shock:
AnimalCarina

PreviousNext

Return to General chat