Introduce Yourself!

Talk about anything not related to the festival here (e.g. introduce yourself, chat about anime, manga, video games and other Japanese cultural things).

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Postby SpaceWhale » Sat 01 Oct 2011 7:48 am

Hi everyone I'm SpaceWhale (Ben), I'm 25 and have been studying in Manchester for the past 7 years. I've been an avid video gamer since you could get your hands on the Sega Mega Drive 2. After video gaming my favourite hobby is creative writing (or attempted creative writing) and in the future I hope to also sharpen up my drawing skills. I'm currently following Vampire Knight and Freezing after watching their anime versions and I've been following the webcomic Sluggy Freelance for about 5 years.

This is my first festival and I'm looking forward to it.

See you all there!
SpaceWhale

Postby celedor » Thu 06 Oct 2011 12:27 pm

Hey everyone im Celedor ( Jason) im 25 from cornwall i have been into anime, manga's and world cinema for a very long time ever since i was 12 this will be my first event i have ever gone to and im looking forward to it lots :)
I will be coming dressed as Reno from FF7 got the suit shirt snoes just need the wig and the googles but getting there slowly lol :)
well hope to see u all in novemeber and cant wait :):)
celedor

Postby Chay » Sun 09 Oct 2011 3:35 pm

Introduce yourself? Hmm... I don't know what to say...
Well, I'm kind of new to these things; only just got into anime when I started high shcool which was about 3 or 4 years ago... Not too sure :oops:
I don't really have any favourites, the novelty fades fast... I'm kind of hoping I can pick something new up whilst there.
I certainly aren't much of a gamer, I've never really been able to get into games.
Last edited by Chay on Mon 07 Nov 2011 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chay

Postby DeanSoDisco » Sun 09 Oct 2011 9:14 pm

Hey there, I'm Dean, 21, from Liverpool, big fan of Japanese horror and general film, I'll get the cliche line in here about loving Takashi Miike (Ichi The Killer is tied first in my favourite foreign film with French film Switchblade Romance/High Tension) etc etc. Don't want to ramble too much about just loving films though, huge fan of what Japan has given the Western World in regards to video games. Right now playing the Project Zero game series (currently on 3) through with a bunch of friends and it's scaring me to near-death every evening we have it on, and adore Silent Hill/Resi etc. Final Fantasy VII is my favourite game ever.

Outside of Japanese culture stuff I'm a musician, guitar/bass being key, and love Manic Street Preachers/Mansun/TheWildhearts/Faith No More/Akira Yamaoka etc.

Tend to think of myself as pretty friendly and open about most things, and look forward to the festival where I'll spend money I don't have on even more DVDs!
DeanSoDisco

Postby Cincadacry » Sat 15 Oct 2011 9:30 pm

Hi, Im Beth! aka Cincadacry :) Im 16 currently studying at BSFC :)

I picked up a leaflet for this in Worlds Apart- me and my friends are going to be attending! cant wait ;)

Well im interested in Graphic Design, ofcourse anime/manga (namely Higurashi <3), archery... not much else :) and hopefully will take it through to a full time job after finishing college/foundaton course/university. So id love to meet other accomplished artists here and take on board advice :) This is my Deviantart inc my latest bits and pieces >3< http://cincadacry.deviantart.com/

Im interested in gaming, have self taught hirigana (no gcse's in Japanese at west kirby grammar unfortunetely D:), apart from that im nothing more than an obsessive fan of the whole culture x3 Cat wait to go! We were all so tedious that the next MCM wasn't until February.

Cant wait to see you guys there! XX
Cincadacry

Postby InheritTheKink » Mon 17 Oct 2011 11:14 am

Hey guys, i'm InheritTheKink from around Blackburn and this is the 2nd Festival i'm going to (the first was Smash! 2010 in Australia) i'm 20 years old and I love Japanese things of course, been watching a lot of anime lately and reading a lot of manga. Usually when im not watching anime I play Bass or devote my life to playing computer games, I hope I get to know some of you guys well!
InheritTheKink

Postby Rodarolleraru » Thu 27 Oct 2011 2:13 pm

Hello Everyone!
My name is Rachel and this will be my first ever festival so im really excited, also Doki Doki takes place a week after my birthday!!!! (best birthday present EVER!!! :lol: )
I love anime and games and i love drawing manga style! :D I am cosplaying for the first time with some friends so i hope that we'll look okay!!

I actually don't know what else to write so i'll stop rambling now!! XD
Rodarolleraru

Postby haruhi suzumiya » Mon 31 Oct 2011 12:21 pm

hi am michaela and am 20 abd am a big big gamer love every game but football lol and i love anime and i have cosplay as haruhi suzumiya,yuki nagato witch and if u go to this page http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/costume/list u c what else i hope to do :D :P :lol:
haruhi suzumiya

Postby Shacklez » Fri 04 Nov 2011 1:49 pm

Hi im shackes (karli) im 17 and female from glasgow :3 this is my 9th or so convention, so im lookin forward to it! :D
I love anime and manga too, im also a xbox geek :P
My fave animes are umineko, higurashi, soul eater and things along those lines :3
Horror is my fave kind of movie and game, the more gore the better! :D
Shacklez

Postby baggy » Thu 10 Nov 2011 6:47 pm

Hi guys
Names Lisa, but mostly known as Baggy.

I'm 23 and currently living in Skipton, North Yorkshire.
Been going to conventions for nearly 4 years now and to have one in the North-West is awesome (i'm from Lytham St Annes orginally)
I'm an avid cosplayer and anime/manga enthusiast.
I'm a freelance comic illustrator, currently working on my own comic projects and selling at expos/conventions. Also working as a concept artist and sprite animator for 4th Wall Games.

Really looking forward to Doki Doki and meeting new peeps. Just stuck as to what to cosplay lol :P
baggy

PreviousNext

Return to General chat