Introduce Yourself!

Talk about anything not related to the festival here (e.g. introduce yourself, chat about anime, manga, video games and other Japanese cultural things).

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Postby GothShelle » Thu 10 Nov 2011 8:28 pm

Hi all, name's Shelle,

Always been into cosplay but I am the only person in Blackpool who seems to do it! If you're out there fellow sandgronians then hollar me :)

DokiDoki will be my first ever convention (kind of) but I am planning on hitting all the others next year.

I currently run a facebook group for the North West called COSUK, feel free to find me. Trying to organise some meets in the near future.

I am on deviantart too: http://gothshelle.deviantart.com/

xxx
GothShelle

Postby AvalonDrake » Thu 10 Nov 2011 9:30 pm

Hi Everyone!

I don't know if anyone will be hanging around her this close to the event itself, but I've only just decided to definitely go!

I use AvalonDrake on the interwebs but my real name is Sophia. I love anime and manga and also Japanese fashion. (The Lolita Fashion Show looks super cool!)
I'm 22 and I've only recently moved into the area but I <3 Manchester plenty enough already.
I'll be going by myself as my husband-face has the weekend set aside to be playing le Skyrim compooter game and is not as into the japasneeze silliness. Hope I can meet some cool people when I arrive - stuff like this is usually pretty funzies anyway.

I'm an aspiring writer and artist, here's ma deviantart - PING *http://avalondrake.deviantart.com* watch me if you like me. Haven't managed to get to the stage where I'm creating manga I'm happy with but one day I'll get there.

See you at dokidoki everyone! (I'll either be in Vampire Knight cosplay or a black and white sailor-uniform, I reckon.)

xXxXxXx
AvalonDrake

Postby taikojan » Fri 11 Nov 2011 11:25 am

Love the website, Wish Leicester had something as organised as this. Hope it is a great success and hope to attend.

I play Taiko and just love these festivals that bring a little bit of Japan to the UK. Doki Doki

Anyone else that loves taiko should go to http://www.youtube.com/being50

Then search and like tamashiidaiko

Or post a comment directly on
http://www.youtube.com/tamashiidaiko
taikojan

Postby Man_Misa » Mon 14 Nov 2011 5:47 pm

Hello, I'm Man Misa, I was at the event yesterday crossplaying as Haruhi Suzumiya^__^
Man_Misa

Postby AnimalCarina » Wed 16 Nov 2011 11:06 am

Man_Misa wrote:Hello, I'm Man Misa, I was at the event yesterday crossplaying as Haruhi Suzumiya^__^

I saw you ^_^ Might have had a picture.. not sure.

I was there as 'Angel Lolita' I had giant white angel handmade wings 8-)
AnimalCarina

Postby Man_Misa » Wed 16 Nov 2011 3:17 pm

AnimalCarina wrote:
Man_Misa wrote:Hello, I'm Man Misa, I was at the event yesterday crossplaying as Haruhi Suzumiya^__^

I saw you ^_^ Might have had a picture.. not sure.

I was there as 'Angel Lolita' I had giant white angel handmade wings 8-)

hmmm I'll look in my friends album to see if he toke a picture of you, but yeah, I was the only guy crossplaying Haruhi^^
Man_Misa

Hello!!!!!

Postby essandess10 » Wed 29 Feb 2012 7:01 pm

hi my name is Sora,
we have a community centre in Manchester, and we are looking to make a Japanese themed event, for families with children of all ages,

would you know of anybody who would like to present anything that would interest young people to entertain them

eg: origami, calligraphy on Shodu, taiku, and any other japanese fun stuff,

we are willing to pay, and ofcourse youll get some scrumptious food!

please try and give me a contact, will be most grateful.

remember every good deed makes the world a better place!!!!!

Sora
essandess10

Re: Hello!!!!!

Postby Tokyo15 » Wed 29 Feb 2012 10:01 pm

essandess10 wrote:hi my name is Sora,
we have a community centre in Manchester, and we are looking to make a Japanese themed event, for families with children of all ages,

would you know of anybody who would like to present anything that would interest young people to entertain them

eg: origami, calligraphy on Shodu, taiku, and any other japanese fun stuff,

we are willing to pay, and ofcourse youll get some scrumptious food!

please try and give me a contact, will be most grateful.

remember every good deed makes the world a better place!!!!!

Sora

email us at info@dokidokifestival.com and we'll give you some details of who can help out. One of the etam might also be able to make it down for the event.
Tokyo15
Festival organiser

Postby robertmannma » Wed 28 Aug 2013 7:55 pm

Hi,

My name is Robert and I will be attending for the first time this year.

I am a 26 year old with Asperger's Syndrome from Llandudno, North Wales and I have a Masters degree in Media Practice from Bangor University in North Wales. I am hoping to start a career in the field of either filmmaking or photography (or both), two things that I am very passionate about and that I am currently working on in a big way, being both in the process of making a documentary series about the experiences of people on the Autistic Spectrum and putting together a photography portfolio.

I have an eclectic range of interests that include, in addition to filmmaking and photography, going to the cinema, watching films, science fiction, music, board games, the paranormal, walking, collecting sensory toys, collecting soft toy pigs and, last but by no means least, Japanese culture.

I am really looking forward to attending this event and also hopefully making some new friends :)
robertmannma

Postby Happosai » Thu 29 Aug 2013 9:47 am

Hi Robert,

It's a bit quiet here (everyone seems to be on Facebook).

We hope you enjoy Doki Doki 2013!

[Happosai]
Happosai
Festival organiser

PreviousNext

Return to General chat