Event feedback

Archived posts about the 2011 Doki Doki Festival.

Event feedback

Postby Happosai » Mon 14 Nov 2011 3:17 pm

Hey guys! Glad you all enjoyed Doki Doki and helped to make it such a success!

We're going to start planning the next one (in 2013) soon. It would be useful if you could give us some feedback on the event: what did you particularly enjoy; what would you like to see at the next event; is there anything you think should be done differently next time?

Thanks!
Happosai
Festival organiser

Re: Event feedback

Postby emmaroxanne » Mon 14 Nov 2011 7:16 pm

I liked all the shop stands :D i bought too much :O can we have another one next year as well??? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! i loved it and it's the only one near us!
emmaroxanne

Postby TurquoiseArtist » Mon 14 Nov 2011 7:19 pm

I liked everything anddddd i would really like to see one in 2012!!! please it a good festival and its not too far too travel, please please please :3
TurquoiseArtist

Postby Refia » Mon 14 Nov 2011 8:43 pm

More stalls to do with Japanese culture would be good, like being able to buy Kimonos or tea sets! The only things I saw were to have your name done or some pictures!
Refia

Postby AnimalCarina » Wed 16 Nov 2011 9:21 am

Refia wrote:More stalls to do with Japanese culture would be good, like being able to buy Kimonos or tea sets! The only things I saw were to have your name done or some pictures!

A kimono stall would have been lovely! And there should be like 'Japenese vintage' stall for the tea sets.

Personally I think the space that was use was great! there wasn't too much crowding and there was alot going on.. However even though we did get there for 9am early birds me and my friends left about 5ish since there was nothing else to see or do. We were going to go to guarve (sp?) idols but that was the very last thing and we didnt want to wait an hour just for that..
How to solve - You could possibly finish the event at 5:30/6pm since i Know other people have said that it went on for too long. MCM was 10-4 and that seemed enough

Also my biggest annoyance - What happened to the lolita competition!?
I rarely enter competitions and this year i made a special effort to home make my outfit (including my giant white angel wings which took ages) to find it was just a fashion show and not a competition.
How to solve - Maybe you should go ahead with it next event?

There could possibly be a few more stalls or at least a wide variety but to be honest there was enough and i loved looking at them all :D
Oh and another thing, possibly have more seats? Especially near the tables which are located next to 2 stages.. There was alot of people standing although i loved the idea of the round tables for everyone! Nice little area to eat.
How to solve - Just put more chairs around the tables/stage areas?
AnimalCarina

Postby Happosai » Wed 16 Nov 2011 10:08 am

Thanks for the feedback so far. These are all things we'll try to address for next time.

[Happosai]
Happosai
Festival organiser

Return to 2011