favorite manga

Talk about anything not related to the festival here (e.g. introduce yourself, chat about anime, manga, video games and other Japanese cultural things).

favorite manga

Postby Sophira-lou » Sat 12 Feb 2011 5:16 pm

Now i know i posted one about anime but lets face it manga is different
whats the manga you love at the moment?

i'm really into
Black butler, D.Gray Man, trinity blood, Princess ai, anything by CLAMP, Bakuman, Honey and clover..

the list could go on forever what do you like?
Sophira-lou

Re: favorite manga

Postby Nicaragua » Fri 17 Jun 2011 2:30 pm

The only manga i tend to buy these days is Battle Angel Alita as well as the occasional collected editions of Akira until i have the complete full story.
Nicaragua

Postby MisschiefMajique » Sun 11 Sep 2011 11:01 am

Mhm -nodding sagely-

I do like Kuroshitsuji and Bakuman as well. Another couple of series' that I've picked up and loved recently is Genkaku Picasso and Sasameke. Oh, and I'm still reading New Prince of Tennis, but this is more like a train wreck about to happen. I don't want to watch... but you kind of have to at the same time.
MisschiefMajique

Postby Waffles » Wed 21 Sep 2011 4:50 pm

I LOVE Tsubasa Chronicles, I've read it through 3 times lately and I never seemed to get bored of it ^.^
~Waffles xXx
Waffles

Postby Kanjiru » Thu 22 Sep 2011 7:47 am

Omnomnom waffles. Oh manga? right, got distracted by a certain someone's username. I've just spent 13341 ¥ (QQ on delivery costs) on importing some Dance in the Vampire Bund manga in, you guessed it, Japanese. I'm a sucker for a good love story and I figure this will force me to learn Japanese at a faster pace than I'm currently doing if I want to find out what goes on ^^;

*Edit* epic day today. Got my DokiDoki tickets AND my Dance in the Vampire Bund manga just came!!
Kanjiru

Postby InheritTheKink » Mon 17 Oct 2011 11:24 am

Manga is hard to come by for me here since there's not a lot of comic shops (I dont like ordering online since they usually come damaged) but I managed to get my hands on some Hunter X Hunter, FMA and K-on! And I love them all, hopefully i'll be getting the FMA manga boxset when it comes out.
InheritTheKink

Postby Man_Misa » Wed 16 Nov 2011 3:27 pm

I don't read manga because I don't have the attention span for reading (am like Homer simpson in that way lol)

however, I have read battle royale all the way through which I love

and also at the moment, I'm reading Berserk which I'm loving aswell, I wish the anime had more eps aswell as I prefer the black swordsman arc.
Man_Misa

Postby cjohnson » Mon 23 Jan 2012 6:18 am

Just because my younger niece has it already, I have been reading through a lot of K-on as well! Imagine someone who liked more of Bleach and take the jump to K-on with no apparent reason. Though, it is a great manga series to read and follow. There are only 4 books in it and it is all great really.

Bakuman looked very interesting as well. I was already going to buy it when I chanced upon some limited edition Batman comics.
cjohnson

Return to General chat